Preparing an aseptic environment
Aseptic conditions prevent the contamination and prolong the life of the cell lines and bacterial culture. All cell culture work should be done in the aseptic environment to prevent the contamination.
Contamination can be prevented by following these simple steps.
General Handling Techniques-
- Wear proper Personal Protective Equipments Before entering in to the cell culture lab.
- Sanitize your Gloves with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Avoid talking in the cell culture lab.
- Keep RED, GREEN and BLACK dustbin in the lab.
- Avoid touching the internal surface of the laminar air flow.
- Always wipe Pipette and tip box with 70% isopropyl alcohol before starting the experiment.
- Always use RO and Autoclaved water for the experiment.
Critical handling Techniques-
- Wipe the surface of the laminar air flow with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Cell culture lab should be isolated.
- Room UV is necessary to prevent contamination, Atleast keep UV light ON for 10 min twice in a day.
- All consumables and the culture media should be at one place.
- After thawing the chemical wipe it with 70% isopropyl alcohol.
- Never keep pipette on the surface of LAF.
- Do not touch the pipette tips with the hands.
- Always use autoclaved glassware at the cell culture lab.
- Always wipe the chemicals bottles or pack after taking it from refrigerator.
- Use soft cloth or Tissue paper for wiping.